Sunday, March 14, 2010

A Security Cookie Monster



I was just reading an article about children developing an attachment to certain objects just earlier today. It stated that it usually occurs around 7 months or so. Then I went in to check on AJ and he was laying on his back with his Cookie Monster on his chest hugging him close (the picture above is from a couple days ago).
When I was little I had a blanket that my Mom tells me she received as a gift (I'm guessing a baby shower gift). I still have that blanket and it is so tattered and torn. The satin around the edges has been sewn back on several times in a rainbow of colors. I loved that blankie and it just seemed to make everything OK. I think that AJ has found his "security blanket" or Security Cookie Monster.
It's so sweet when I put him to bed he grabs Cookie monster and hugs him tight to his side. We'll see if this changes but as of now it's the soft, cuddly, blue Monster.

2 comments:

Shontelle said...

That is so sweet! I have all 4 of my kids blankies from when they were little and the older kids love revisiting them. The little ones still have theirs. Once I was donating some items to a church in need and accidentally included the kids cherished blankies. I can't tell you how crushed I was and how difficult it was to tell the kids that they were gone. Fortunately, the lady at the church was able to retrieve them for us and they were filled with hugs and kisses upon returning home. I'll never make that mistake again!!!

Unknown said...

I love the picture. The cookie monster and the baby are so cute!

Stopping by from the UBP! Please visit me too.